Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Sunflowers

We planted some sunflower seeds in late October - 6 seeds, of which 4 grew.
They have been fascinating to watch.
The rainbow lorikeets have been interested too!! They have pretty much eaten all the seeds now.


Luckily, we weren't planning anything special for the seeds. But they are eyeing-off the nectarines now, and have had a wonderful time with the plums. So we may have to pick the nectarines just before they are ripe, in the hopes of being able to eat some ourselves. We did manage to get some plums that way.

I have been working on a series of Inspired by ... for one of my online groups. So far, I have done two Inspired by Van Gogh. Seeing I have soo many pictures of the sunflowers, and seeing Van Gogh did some gorgeous paintings of sunflowers, I have been inspired to have a go.
I am not trying to emulate his images, just his topic.


I loved the patterns on the flowers before they opened.




I have chosen an image of a flower that is still opening so that I could get the interesting patterns. Not sure I am getting it how I wanted but it is developing and I will try to improve the image further. That is the advantage of this method, you can overlay fabric and put more sewing onto it to disguise any areas you don't like.


Still lots of work to do but it is coming along.

I have so many gorgeous photos that I may have to do another later on.

No comments: