Thursday, August 17, 2017

Just trying to do the last thing

I was reminded that today's date is one I like: 17/8/17.

I have done my sewing for the quilt top and just have to put on a hanging sleeve. Do you think I can be bothered??
It is always the way when you do the creating, the bothersome finishing off is so much less interesting!

I know I have a very good pattern for making the sleeve. I also know how to do it without the pattern. But I just can't bring myself to do it until I have found the pattern, which isn't anywhere I can think of to look.

Make myself just DO IT, as the famous football coach said. (John Kennedy?)

However ... I have also looked at the image of the piece with a border and noticed it has a major fault! No wonder it was in the UFO drawer.

The upcoming exhibition at the Embroiderers Guild is Ebb and Flow, so I can pretend that the skewif rectangle in the centre is ebbing and/or flowing. Or something.

I THINK I will put it in the exhibition, but I may change my mind.


 I'm still deciding which way up is better. I thought I knew, then I saw the distortion, so that will have an impact.

2 comments:

mycamerandme365 said...

I like the blue at the bottom Mary, it makes the yellow look like a sunrise/set over water. I wouldn't worry about the wonky rectangle, make up a reason for it as you suggest!

Mary said...

Thanks! The theme is Ebb and Flow, so doing a bit of ebbing from the rectangle might work. But I am also playing around with some of the leftover fabric and may just do some more raw edge appliqué.