Monday, January 23, 2017

Machine Embroidery Group Challenge

It is coming to the end of January, sort of. I have to have my piece for the February meeting done.
I decided to just DO IT. I have used an image from the internet.

At first I was going to crop another one, just focus on the tree trunks, as I have done some pieces on gum tree trunks in the past.

I saw something about doing crazy quilting, in non-traditional ways,  and thought I might do the tree trunk in that technique.
Lots of thinking, not much doing.

Then, I can't remember why, I decided to look at different images and came across another one that appealed to me.

So I have done some free motion sewing on soluble fabric, a bit of sewing onto fabric backed with interfacing and then sewed the free motion pieces onto the fabric.

LOTS of pins to stop it shrinking too much when the soluble fabric is dissolved. 


It is 'inspired by Hans Heysen'. I don't think I will be challenged on any copyright laws (not that it is for sale anyway). But the inspiration is definitely from his images.

I used fabric I already had, emptied some bobbins that still had thread on them and didn't buy anything to do this one. Still working on reducing my stash.

2 comments:

mycamerandme365 said...

That's very effective Mary, well done!

Mary said...

Thanks, it looks a bit more bushfirey than I intended but I am quite happy with it.