Monday, June 15, 2015

Sailor or Shepherd? I can't remember

Red sky at night, someone's delight,
Red sky in the morning, someone's warning.

We were getting solar panels put on the roof today, of course the warning is appropriate.

I went to the bottom of the street, at dawn, not that early at this time of the year, for the view to the mountains, because it looked as if it could be interesting.


Then I realised I had been too early. Even stronger warnings!





But it turned out to be an ok day, no rain despite clouding over. It is forecast to rain tomorrow, of course! Solar panels will have to wait to be functional.

One of these days I'll have a go at trying to use these images as Alison Holt inspires us.

I saw a link later in the day, that was about the dawn.

3 comments:

mycamerandme365 said...

What a lovely series of photos Mary. The penultimate one is spectacular!

Mary said...

Thank you. It felt a bit strange wandering around taking photos as all the poor commuters were rushing by just in front of me. But I persevered.

theregatha said...

Red at night shepherds delight
Red in the morning fishermen's warning

I continually confuse the both, but Michael has it down pat.... Gorgeous photos Mary. Thanks for inspiration