Friday, June 5, 2015

Going through old visual diaries.

In my last post, I was thinking about old visual diaries and how they differ from this blog which I tend to think of as a visual diary of sorts.

I have been working on using geometric shapes in design and came across some images that I had forgotten about.  I have used circles in the past!

The top image is of a design I painted and then Photoshopped to make a repeat pattern for screen printing.
Then I realised that I have actually used this blog to ponder repeat patterns and have used circles in that design too.

So my thinking that I am doing something new, for me, is not actually correct. Not to worry, I am doing it in a different context now. And it shows me the value of visual diaries and writing down how I have done it.

I have actually been using circles in my zen doodling too - some of it because of the course, some because I just wanted to.
I found one I did last year and one that is the current work in progress - I only do 10 - 15 minutes in bed, before I go to sleep.  The beauty of it is that I don't care if there are mistakes or inconsistencies in design, I just do them to help me sleep well.



No comments: