Saturday, July 12, 2014

Super Moon over Melbourne

I noticed an article that said that we were going to have a super moon tonight. Unfortunately, I didn't see the article till after it had risen. Not to worry, the moon should still be out there. So off I rushed to see what I could see.
So here are my not very interesting pictures - who knows if the moon is bigger than usual, I used zoom and it was beginning to cloud over.
Zoomed in.

No zoom but cloudy.
It has been a typical Melbourne day, sunshine, rain, sunshine, rain, wind, calm, sunshine, rain. So I took the pictures while I could.

Even more cloud.

Penny came out with me and barked up a storm - there were possums in the tree. I only noticed one but the picture shows another set of glowing eyes (sorry to the possums, I use a flash and they must be blinded for a while).
It looks like a ringtail possum. 


It is a nightly ritual of hers to go out and find possums, then bark loudly. Neighbouring dogs joined in tonight. Very exciting. Not that the possums seemed to be taking any notice. 

No comments: