Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stump work, nothing to do with trees!

I have just been to the Embroiderers Guild for the monthly machine embroidery interest group meeting.  We don't do any actual sewing, we sit around and share ideas and tell of interesting exhibitions we have been to.  People are very sharing and pass on all sorts of information.
I showed some of my work from the SWTAFE class and also from the Olga Walters workshop. I seem to post my latest work off for assessment just before each meeting.

However, today I was blown away by the exhibition in the rooms - it was of the Stumpwork Masterclass work. It took two years to do the course and the work is amazing!!!!
We weren't allowed to take photos so I can only recommend going to the Guild rooms to see it.  It is well worth the trip.  The exhibition is on from August 3 to 31.

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

It is a fabulous display, isn't it!
I was on duty last Tuesday and had the chance to have a close look at all the work. It is a pity the Guild won't allow members to take photos of displays, as we (members) could provide the Guild with a lot of favourable publicity through our blogs, etc. I understand the reasons why, but...

Mary said...

I met someone today who is going to do the gold work intermediate classes, it sounds very full-on.