Saturday, August 31, 2013

More fungus


How time flies!  I can't believe it is so late in August. Nearly spring. The blossom is out on our apricot and nectarine trees already.
I haven't been doing much in the way of textiles lately, just thinking about upcoming deadlines and how I might approach the briefs.
I have also been working on my felting skills, trying to keep ahead of the lessons I have been taking.  That is all working out ok, we will all be doing the same activity this week - I hope!  It may turn out that one or two children have missed a class and will need to be brought up to speed. I think the rest of the children will be making felt balls and we will try to string them into necklaces.  We had thought to do some embroidery on the dried felt but that may not happen as time is running out. Still, it is better to be overprepared than underprepared.
The art teacher and I have also been talking about working with groups of children on the theme of decomposition.  So my recent pictures of fungus have come in handy.  I found another sort on a walk in Kew recently, quite different from the others I have photographed.
The fungus is well camouflaged in the tree. 
It was in the tree at the front.
Good date today - 31/8/13.

No comments: