Thursday, March 1, 2012

Material Culture

Material Culture opened at the Counihan Gallery tonight.  There was an excellent crowd.  The exhibition was partly to celebrate the historic connection between the Brunswick RMIT textile course and the gallery over many years.  Former staff and students were represented in the show.  It was great being there, having the opportunity to catch up with many of the people I have studied with over the last 5 years, students and staff.

I took some pictures while the speeches were on but, unfortunately, they are a bit blurred.  I didn't have the chance to include all the pieces, just those that were in my vicinity during the talking.





I am used to seeing student exhibitions there, with many people's work represented. It was quite different tonight, less work and the lighting really stood out for me.  Congratulations to all who were selected to exhibit.

No comments: