Thursday, November 17, 2011

Box Hill Graduate exhibition

Today a friend and I went to Eckersley's to see the graduate exhibition for the textile students from Box Hill Institute, it is in a lovely gallery space at the back of the shop.  We managed to rush past all the wonderful artist supplies and only look at the exhibition.
It is wonderful!!  There is a great range of ideas and techniques.  It was inspiring to see all the talent and technical skills come together.  Congratulations to all concerned.
Unfortunately is finishes on Saturday, so you will have to hurry if you want to see it.
There was one series entitled Bark, by Robyn Bayliss, that especially appealed to me (if you know me you will know I have been working from photos of bark all year).
My obsession with bark aside, there was a wonderful array of work to look at and drool over.

No comments: