It doesn't help that I am finding it a little difficult to work out exactly where I am when trying to match the original photo and the cartoon. Luckily my work is an interpretation of the photo!
As the work has grown I have found it too high to sit, even on the piano stool at its highest and with two cushions to sit on. This turned out to be precarious and not very comfortable.
This morning I decided to do something about it. I took advantage of the fact that I find it hard to throw things out and put other things away - I used old magazines to prop up the loom and the boards I used previously to assist with stabilising the loom. I put more magazines at the back, to tilt the loom towards me. I have had to stand to do the weaving but it is more comfortable than the wobbly cushions. I have music on while I work and I find myself wiggling my hips in time to the music, very good for my sore muscles.
|Finally, a use for those old quilting magazines.|
|Very expensive bobbin holders!|
Then I will have to deal with the uneven edge and how to secure the warps. Then there will be decisions about how to mount it, and how to make the uneven pieces stand up firmly.