Thursday, June 24, 2010

Laying out the felt

Raewyn brought wool from New Zealand for us. She prefers this wool as she says it is carded differently from the wool we get in Australia and it is easier to pull apart.  As I have so little experience in felting, I didn't notice, but the experienced felters in the group were definitely impressed.  I must say, it was definitely easy to lay out.
I can't find any information about the source of the wool at the moment, I will post any information I find.
The laying out took up a lot of room (as felting reduces the size so much) and tended to look like those shaggy carpets that I remember from years ago.  As you can see, there was a wide variety of colours chosen.  We had emailed our colour choices to Raewyn before she left New Zealand.  She also provided a range of materials for us to play with to get different textures.
It was amusing to see the colour choices people had made and how they were wearing similar colours most days.

No comments: