Monday, June 28, 2010

Adding to the jackets

I am still working away, slowly, on my jacket.  I have now sewn up the seams and have to decide whether or not to cut the edges and then sew a blanket stitch around them all.  That is what Raewyn recommended. She said to sew it from the back so that the stitching is not too obvious but still gives an attractive edging.  It will work as a sort of embellishment.
Some of the embellishments that are on the jackets were added as the felting process happened but some were added on at the very end.
You could even add a collar after the jacket was finished, if you wanted to.  I haven't made a collar but may end up making one (I still have enough wool roving to do this) as I think it will look better with one.
Crochet could be added as a further enhancement along the edges but I don't think I have the patience for that.

No comments: