Thursday, November 12, 2009

Box Hill Diploma of Textile Arts graduate exhibition.

Today a friend and I visited the exhibition of the graduating students of the Diploma of Textile Arts from Box Hill Institute. It was at the Box Hill Town Hall. There were other student graduation exhibitions on in conjunction with this show but my friend and I went specially to see the textile part of the show. We had thought we would go to the other shows but spent so much time admiring the works of the textile students that we ran out of time for the others, although we did see some wonderful jewllery in passing.
The work was very inspiring, so many different techniques and so many different interpretations of their theme.
One of the students, Judy Smith, allowed me to photograph her work but the shots are not that good, the lighting was good for the textile show but not for photography.
However, I will post a couple of shots of her work. As she specifically gave me permission to show these pictures, I will only put up her work.


I was impressed by the variety of techniques the students used and the professional presentation of the work.

No comments: